Saturday, October 4, 2008

I feel like the Reader’s Digest Quotable Quotes section!

I still can’t figure out how I get unnecessarily embroiled in major counseling sessions, where of all things, I am ‘advising’ people, sometimes perfect strangers, on how to get over their problems and move on in life and so on and so forth.
[HA! If I could follow half of my advice as easily as I’m giving them I’ll be a much better person!]

That in itself should be funny enough, but funnier is the way I should sound. I remind myself of the Reader’s Digest Quotable Quotes section! Some amazing quotes, some not so amazing ones, some that u can’t really figure out for sure but mostly, none of which you will remember by the time you finish reading the Digest.

Sigh…

Sometimes I think I should write down all my quotes… [Some of them are quite good, though I do say so myself, and some are pretty gross, I admit…] Then I can glance through them once in a while and pep myself up or something. Or the next time I’m into a ‘session’, I can put them in front of me for reference…

But no amount of advice or counseling is going to help unless the person is willing to make some changes in his/her life. More often than not, people are so caught up in feeling sorry for themselves and are so loving wallowing in that self pity that they only want others to listen to their sob stories and sympathise…

Ugh… Sad that is…

But sadder maybe is the fact that I’d wholeheartedly jump right into the counseling boat the next time someone shouted for help too.

Stuff I’ve ‘counseled’ on:
How to fall in love
How to get over a break up and move on
How to get over the marriage fear psychosis
A lengthy discourse on maintaining fidelity in marriage

Hmm… maybe I should publish a book. And title it ‘Mutton Soup for the Soul’. A friend, who just recently called me an Agony Aunt, and I were discussing the possibilities of coming up with quotable quotes and getting it profitably published.
So hey,
WANTED: People who desperately need to be counseled.
Any issue, any concern, will cease to be a problem once you’ve been counseled by ME.


PS. No offense to any person living or dead whom I have uh… ‘counselled’. This is a sarcastic post against myself and there is no intent to hurt any sentiments, even that of myself.

3 comments:

Sav said...

giggle!!!!

Abhipraya said...

Advice on how to fall in love & fidelity. We haven't spoken enough have we :D

Rohini said...

Trust me, u don't wanna on these topics. I'm an expert now ;)