Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sweet revenge

Farhan Akhtar’s remake of Don was being telecast on TV today. Since I liked the slick way in which the movie was shot and had missed the beginning last time it was telecast, I duly set a reminder on my mobile and was waiting eagerly for the D-Day.
Well, D-Day arrived and instead of the beginning of the movie, I was busy cleaning the behind of my little daughter!! With her coo-ing and aah-ing at all the wrong moments, I was woefully and loudly elucidating my predicament to my lil angel, when from the dining room came my mother’s voice: “From now on, my daughter, this is how things are gonna be most of the time. And this, from your mother.”
That shut me up quite fast, I must say, though I couldn’t help but grin from ear to ear at the glee and amusement packed in Amma’s voice.
But then, I looked at my daughter and I’m sure a “wicked” twinkle lit up in my eyes. “Har, har, har… My day will also come,” said my mind and my heart.

2 comments:

Abhipraya said...

Never though of it that way Roh :)))

Rohini said...

abhipraya, That's just an inkling of how weird I can be... at times :D